Monday, 27 June 2016

Short-eared Owl and Hooded Crow

Yesterday afternoon (26th June) I was on my way home from a day in the forest when an owl flew across the road in front of the car. The skidmarks will take a while to disappear from the tarmac... After parking in a more stategic place I was able to watch the bird (a Short-eared Owl) for about 45 minutes or so, as it hunted between the shoreline and the railway.





Short-eared Owl Asio flammea (N=jordugle). Malvikodden 26.06.2016



Today (27th June) I went for a little drive in the afternoon. I noticed two Hooded Crows were sitting on a pile of timber beside the road, and I stopped only 5-6 metres from them. After a while I realised there were more than just two, and that there were in fact five crows. All were juvenile birds, i.e. young of the year. Normally Hooded Crows are very wary of humans, so it is not every day that photo opportunities like this arise.



Hooded Crow Corvus cornix (N=krÄke). Malvik 27.06.2016


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.